Get Involved | Councillor vacancies | Volunteer roles
CLERK/RFO to the Parish Council
We are looking for a part-time Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) to support the smooth running of our Parish Council. The main responsibilities include:
- preparing meeting agendas and supporting papers;
- attending meetings and providing regulatory advice if needed;
- taking minutes and completing administrative actions arising;
- managing the Council’s finances;
- upkeep of the Council’s notice board and web pages.
Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills are essential, as are personal qualities of integrity, discretion, and impartiality. You’ll be a good communicator and strong, well-organised administrator: a working knowledge of local governance and/or public sector administration, whilst desirable, is not essential as training will be available, and your development fully supported.
Keevil has a vibrant, active community, and we’re ideally looking for someone local who is interested in village life and would enjoy getting involved. In return we offer:
- Access to full training, including support of CiLCA qualification if desired;
- Average of 6 hours per week, with flexibility in how they’re worked subject to fixed deadlines. Apart from attending meetings, you’ll work from home;
- Salary based on skills, experience and qualification in line with NJC Local Government Services pay scales SCP 7 -12. Currently this range is £11.63 – £12.73 per hour.
A full job description is available here: Clerk Job Description
If you think you might like to join our team, you can send a CV and covering letter, or just phone for an informal chat to start with, to:
Alex Goodwin, Chair, Keevil Parish Council
07836 355503 | firstname.lastname@example.org