See Community Notices for news and announcements.
Planning in Keevil
Keevil Parish Council is a statutory consultee of Wiltshire Council (the Planning Authority) on all planning applications within the parish. Any views expressed by the Parish Council will be taken into account by the Planning Authority before a decision is made, providing the points made are relevant to the determination of that planning application. The Parish Council has no powers to approve or reject, the decision is made by the Planning Authority.
In September 2022, Keevil Parish Council adopted a Planning Policy based on the core principles of the Village Design Statement (2003) and the majority outcomes of the Village Survey (2019). The Policy is reviewed annually in May.
Planning applications are considered at the normal bi-monthly council meetings unless the deadline for comment falls between meetings, in which case an additional meeting will be convened and noted on the Meetings page.
You can find full details of all full planning applications in Keevil going back to 2018 on the village website.
Advice: commenting on a planning application
- Latest guidance and resources from the National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
- From NALC/CPRE, see Planning Explained and How to respond to planning applications: an 8-step guide (read or download for free)
- From Wiltshire Council
- More planning support and advice from the Council for the Protection of Rural England (CPRE)
Wiltshire Council planning matters that affect the future of our Parish
The Wiltshire Local Plan
Local Plan consultation opens September 27th
The consultation for the Wiltshire Local Plan begins on Wednesday 27 September 2023. It sets out the vision and framework for housing, infrastructure and land for employment growth in Wiltshire for the next 15 years. Once adopted, all planning applications will be determined against the plan, making it the most important place-shaping document for Wiltshire.
Wiltshire Council are holding drop-in events at libraries and leisure centres around Wiltshire and a live webinar-style event online. You can just turn up to the in person events, but you will need to register beforehand for the online event.
- More about the current consultation stage, events, and links to all consultation documents here;
- Overview of the Local Plan here.
A350 Melksham Bypass
The village website has a page here which it updates with news from Wiltshire Council.
Planning for the Future
Find out more about the Governments Planning for the Future White paper and view documents. Three summaries have been provided to the Parish Council and are available here:
- Rural analysis of the Planning White Paper by ‘Action with Communities in Rural England’ (pdf file)
- Presentation by Cornwall Council on changes to the planning system (PowerPoint)
- Single page summary of the White Paper by the Royal Town Planning Institute (pdf file)
Parish Council Planning Meeting Minutes
All Meeting Minutes are draft until agreed by the Council as a correct record at the next Ordinary meeting. All minutes are now published on the Meetings & Minutes page here.
If you need a more accessible format of a document, please email the clerk and tell us what you need – it will help if you say what assistive technology you use.
Meeting – 15th December 2020open here
Earlier planning meeting minutes are available on request from the Clerk